Getafe CF vs FC Barcelona
La Liga, Spain
Getafe will be looking to move into the top half of the table when they make a visit to Cam Nou to face leaders Barcelona. With 29 points from 22 games, Getafe are placed on the 11th spot behind Real Betis. A win will see them jump four places to replace Eibar at the 7th spot. FC Barcelona have maintained a perfect record so far and getting past them would be something next to impossible for Getafe as well.
When: February 11, 08:45 PM IST
Where: Camp Nou, Barcelona
GEF vs BAR Head-to-Head:
Matches Played: 29
Getafe CF: 03
FC Barcelona: 21
GEFvs BAR Form (Recent first):
Getafe CF: D D D W L W
FC Barcelona: W D W W W W
GEF vs BAR Team News:
- Getafe CF will be missing out on the services of Midfielder Market Bergara due to injury.
- The rest of the squad will be available for selection.
- Ousmana Dembele will continue his recovery from an injury and will remain sidelined for today’s fixture.
- Gerard Pique, Andre Gomes, and Thomas Vermaelen will also miss the game due to injuries.
- Central defender Samuel Umtiti will be out due to suspension which will leave FC Barcelona with limited options in the central defence.
GEF vs BAR Probable XI:
Guaita; D. Suarez, Djené, Bruno, V. Antunes; Portillo, Fajr, Arambarri, Amath; Angel, Molina
Ter Steven; Alba, Semedo, Yerri Mina; Coutinho, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Rakitic; Paulinho, Messi, Suarez
Getafe CF: Molina and Fajr
FC Barcelona: Messi, Suarez, and Coutinho
After escaping through a late equaliser in their last game, FC Barcelona will be under some pressure to get back on track. However, the list of absentees in the defence will give Getafe a hope that could very well turn out to be true. Despite the defensive worries, the attack remains as strong as it always is with Lionel Messi at the helm of it which gives Barcelona the upper hand. So, the final prediction from our side goes out to be 2-1 win for Barcelona.
GEF vs BAR Fantasy Team: