DUR vs WOR Dream11 Match Predictions
T20 Vitality Blast, 2018
Durham vs Worcestershire, North Group
Durham will take on Worcestershire Rapids in the North Group fixture on Friday in what is expected to be a riveting encounter at Chester-le-Street.
Venue:- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
Match Timings:- Friday, July 20th, 2018, 11:00 PM IST
With three wins in five matches, Durham has had a mixed tournament thus far and they’ll be hoping to build on the winning momentum they’d achieved due to back-to-back wins in their last two encounters. Kiwi batsman Tom Latham was the star for Durham in their 34-run victory over Nottinghamshire as they amassed 5-184 in 20 overs. Latham’s heroics were ably matched by the bowlers as Collingwood (3-25), Nathan Rimmington (2-35) and Imran Tahir (2-20) restricted Nottinghamshire to 150, 34-run adrift of the target.
Their opponents in Worcestershire will come into this game with four wins in five games and will be hoping to consolidate their standings in the points table when they take on Durham in DUR vs WOR, North Group match.
The pitch at Riverside ground seems to aid the team batting first historically. In three T20 matches thus far, the team batting first has won on two occasions and the average score registered is 163 which drops down to 147 while chasing.
DUR vs WOR Team News
- Durham has named a 14-man squad for their Vitality Blast fixture against Worcestershire Rapids.
- Ben Stokes returns to the squad and will replace Paul Collingwood who is rested due to soreness in his Achilles.
- For the Rapids, Moeen Ali is back and will lead the side against Durham.
Tom Latham (c), Graham Clark, Ben Stokes, Ryan Davies, Stuart Poynter (wk), James Weighell, Barry McCarthy, Nathan Rimmington, Chris Rushworth, Imran Tahir, Ben Whitehead, Will Smith, Michael Richardson, Liam Trevaskis
Moeen Ali (c), Martin Guptill, Ben Cox (wk), Daryl Mitchell, Callum Ferguson, Andy Carter, George Rhodes, Ross Whiteley, Brett D’Oliveira, Travis Head, Ed Barnard, Joe Clarke, Luke Wood, Patrick Brown, Dillon Pennington
DUR vs WOR Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up ahead of DUR vs WOR.
Batsman:-Tom Latham (c), Graham Clark, Liam Trevaskis, Ryan Davies
All-rounder:-Ben stokes, Will Smith
Bowlers:-Imran Tahir, James Weighell, Chris Rushworth, Nathan Rimmington
Wicket-keeper: Ben Cox
Batsmen: Ross Whiteley, Joe Clarke, Martin Guptill
All-rounder: Brett D’Oliviera, Moeen Ali, Ed Barnard, Travis Head
Bowlers: Luke Wood, Dillon Pennington, Patrick Brown
DUR vs WOR Key Players
- Latham, Clark and Weighell will be the cornerstone of Durham’s batting while the onus will be on Collingwood, Tahir and Rimmington to take wickets with the ball.
- For Worcestershire, Patric Brown and Luke Wood will be crucial with the ball while Guptill, Head and Joe Clarke will have a pivotal role to play with the bat.
DUR vs WOR Dream11 Team