ENG vs IND Dream11 Predictions
India tour of England, 2018
England vs India, 5th Test Match Preview
After squandering the five-match series at Southampton, India will take on England in the fifth and final Test at the Oval in a bid to salvage lost pride.
Venue:- The Kia Oval, London
Match Timings:- Friday, September 07, 2018, 03:30 PM IST
Sometimes a scoreline does not reveal the complete story. A 3-1 scoreline in favour England might suggest that the hosts bossed the series all along and while you can say the same for Lord’s where India didn’t turn up, the two games at Birmingham and Southampton were close affairs with the tourists failing to capitalize on the crucial moments everytime they were in the ascendancy.
At Edgbaston, India had England reeling at 7-96 in the third innings before Sam Curran launched a scintillating counter-attack to swell England’s lead to 194. India, just like Centurion and Cape Town were unable to reach the target. At Southampton, India did an encore of the first Test, squandering the advantage to the English lower middle-order yet again after they had the hosts reeling at 6-86 in the first innings. As compared to England’s lower middle-order who averaged close to 30 in the series, India’s lower middle-order failed to put-up any significant contribution, eventually proving the difference in the end.
The fifth game at the Oval offers India a chance to make a few changes to their playing 11 and blood in youngsters like Prithwi Shaw and Hanuma Vihari. England, meanwhile, will look to give a befitting farewell to their talismanic batsman Alastair Cook, who’ll bow out of International cricket after the match.
Read on for ENG vs IND team news and ENG vs IND Playing 11
ENG vs IND Team News:-
- England has announced a 13-member squad for the fifth Test. Ollie Pope and Chris Woakes make their way into the squad while James Vince misses out.
- They have named an unchanged eleven with Jonny Bairstow set to feature as a wicketkeeper and Moeen Ali to bat at No.3.
- For India, Hanauma Vihari and Ravindra Jadeja were involved in an extended training session. They might come in for Hardik Pandya and Ashwin.
- KL Rahul was the first to hit the nets before proceeding for a slip-catching session. It seems Prithvi Shaw, who only batted after the main batsman has hit their straps during the net session may have to wait for his debut.
IND vs ENG Squads
Joe Root (c), Chris Woakes, Ollie Pope, Adil Rashid, Moeen Ali, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran, Jimmy Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Keaton Jennings, Ben Stokes
Virat Kohli (c), KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Prithvi Shaw, Shardul Thakur, Hanuma Vihari, Umesh Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik, Karun Nair, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Shikhar Dhawan, Hardik Pandya, Rishabh Pant
IND vs ENG Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up for ENG vs IND:-
Wicket-keeper – Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen – Joe Root, Alastair Cook, Jos Buttler, Keaton Jennings
All-rounders – Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes
Bowlers – Sam Curran, Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid
Wicket-keeper – Rishabh Pant
Batsmen – Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari
All-rounders – Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers – Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma
ENG vs IND Key Players
- For India, Cheteshwar Pujara, who stroked a masterly 132 at Southampton will be key alongside Kohli and Rahane while Shami, Bumrah and Ishant will lead the fats bowling pack.
- For England, Sam Curran, who averages 51 with the bat and 23 with the ball this series will be their X-Factor while the onus of leading the batting department will be on Root, Buttler and Cook, who’ll play his final Test at the Oval.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Team:-