ENG vs IND Dream11 Match Predictions
India tour of England & Wales, 2018
England vs India, 1st ODI
After playing put an intriguing 3-match IT20 series, the focus now shifts to the longer white-ball format as the best two ODI teams in the world face-off in a bid to establish their might ahead of the impending 2019 World Cup.
India overcame England 2-1 in the IT20 series, but they’d know the Poms are a far-better side over 100 overs then 40. Their record of 46-19 in ODIs since the 2015 World Cup is a testimony to the aforementioned fact as against an underwhelming 15-14 in IT20s. Their power-packed batting line-up has breathed fire ever since that 2015 debacle and it was exemplified when they accumulated a world record 6-481 against the Aussies last month.
Venue:- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Match Timings:- Thursday, July 12, 2018, 05:00 PM IST
But the challenges that India poses will be different though. Ever since they lost the 2017 Champions Trophy final to Pakistan, thanks to their inability to prize out wickets in the middle-overs, the Men in Blue took to wrist-spin and phased put their ace finger spinners in Ashwin (42.64) and Jadeja (61.66). The results have been evident with India winning 21 of their last 26 completed ODIs with six-series wins in a row. But the test awaits for their wrist spinners against England. No side has played wrist-spin better than England. At home, since the 2015 World Cup, English batsmen score at a frightening 6.95 runs per over and at an average of 232.33. With the World Cup set to be played in the same country in 10 months time, it’ll be interesting to see how both teams fare against each other and offer a glimpse as to who really is the best ODI team ahead of the 2019 showpiece event.
Read on for ENG vs IND team news and ENG vs IND dream11 prediction.
The last ODI that was played at Trent Bridge saw England ammas a world record 6-481 against the Aussies. With flat pitch, short boundaries, and power-packed batting line-ups of both sides expect a high-scoring feist at Trent Bridge.
Total Matches – 43
Matches won batting first – 18
Matches won bowling first – 22
Average 1st Inns scores – 250
Average 2nd Inns scores – 215
ENG vs IND Team News:
- Jasprit Bumrah was ruled out of ODI series following a finger injury. Shardul Thakur has been named as his replacement.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, who missed the last IT20, is a doubtful starter for the first ODI.
- Siddharth Kaul was seen practicing in the nets under Bharat Arun. He might come-in incase Bhuvi misses out.
- Suresh Raina, who has not played an ODI since 2015, was also seen bowling in the nets. He might fill the No.6 spot ahead of Dinesh Karthik.
- Tom Curran has been replaced by brother Sam Curran following the latter’s injury.
- Alex Hales has complained of side injury and is out of the first ODI.
Eoin Morgan (C), Jason Roy, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, and Sam Curran, Jonny Bairstow, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jos Buttler (WK), Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, David Willey
Virat Kohli (c), Deepak Chahar, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul, Krunal Pandya, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, Siddarth Kaul, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
ENG vs IND Playing 11:
The probable ENG vs IND playing 11 is listed below.
Wicket-keeper: Jos Butler
Batsmen: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root
All-rounder: David Willey/Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid
Bowlers: Mark Wood, Liam Plunkett (D: Jake Ball)
Wicket-keeper: MS Dhoni
Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan
All-rounder: Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar/Siddarth Kaul, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav
ENG vs IND Players to watch out for:
- The trio of Roy, Bairstow and Hales will be pivotal for England in batting while the spin trio of Moeen Ali and Rashid will hold the key in the middle-overs.
- For India, Rohit, Shikhar and Kohli will be important in batting while Kuldeep-Chahal will be crucial in middle-overs.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Team:-