ENG vs IND Dream11 Match Predictions
England vs India, 1st Test
So, it is finally here! After a string of white-ball games, here we are to the business end of the 2018 India tour of England- the 5-match Test series. The first of the 5-Test rubber will be played at the picturesque Edgbaston Cricket Ground in Birmingham.
Venue- Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham
Match Timing- August 1, Wednesday, 03:30 PM IST
India has an abysmal record at Birmingham having lost five of the six Tests played at the venue. In fact, the last time India played at Edgbaston, a certain Alastair Cook stroked his career-best 294 to rout the then No.1 Test team by an innings & 242 runs. England’s record is quite remarkable at Birmingham. Since the 2005 Ashes, the 3 Lions have proceeded to win seven matches and have lost just once.
But, Cook, who has acknowledged India’s depth in their fast bowling reserves, knows the 2011 attack which he plummeted in submission is chalk-and-cheese compared to 2018. The numbers back them too. While the bowlers took sixty wickets against South Africa, since the start of the 2016 home season, the Indian pacers have taken a total of 175 wickets at an average of 27.01. While Bumrah and Bhuvi have made the attack thin, India boasts of enough tank in the fast bowling reserves to trouble a brittle English line-up that is firmly dependent on Cook, Root and Bairstow.
In the last tour of England, India’s opener Murali Vijay played over 1000 balls, most be any batsmen on either side. Four years later, Vijay still remains India’s No.1 opener and how he and Pujara fares against Broad and Anderson will probably define the Test series.
Read on for ENG vs IND team news and ENG vs IND dream11 prediction.
ENG vs IND Team News
- India has named an 18-member squad for the Test series.
- England has called-in leg-spinner, Adil Rashid for the Test series. Rashid last played a Test match for England in Chennai 2016.
- England has already named the playing 11. Rashid gets in while Moeen Ali has to sit out.
ENG vs IND Squads
Joe Root (c), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Adil Rashid, Sam Curran, Keaton Jennings, Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Dawid Malan, Jamie Porter
Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Karun Nair, Rishabh Pant (wk), R Ashwin, KL Rahul, M Vijay, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma, Shardul Thakur
ENG vs IND Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up for IND vs ENG, 1st Test.
Wicket-keeper: Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Alastair Cook, Dawid Malan, Keaton Jennings
All-rounders: Ben Stokes, Sam Curran
Bowlers: Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Adil Rashid
Wicket-keeper: Dinesh Karthik
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, M Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, S Dhawan/KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane (D: Karun Nair)
All-rounders: R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav/Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma
ENG vs IND Key Players
- Alastair Cook, with 856 runs in nine matches at an average of 65.84 is England’s leading run-scorer at Birmingham. He, along with Joe Root will form the lynchpin of the batting unit.
- In the bowling department, Broad and Anderson will spearhead the attack. In the last 5 Tests at Birmingham, English fast bowlers have taken 77 wickets at an average of 21.06.
- For India, Murli Vijay (402 runs in ten innings in 2014) will lead the batting unit along with Kohli and Rahane, who scored a whirlwind hundred at Lord’s in 2014.
- The bowling unit will be led by Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav, both of whom had a great outing against Essex.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Team