ENG vs IND Dream11 Match Predictions
England vs India, 2nd Test
After playing out a riveting Test that had its ebbs and flow, India and England will lock horns for the second chapter of the 5-match series at the Mecca of Cricket, Lord’s.
Venue- Lord’s Cricket Ground, London
Match Timing- August 09, Thursday, 03:30 PM IST
It was a fascinating Test match at Edgbaston with the ebbs and flows rising to accentuate levels with every session. Both sides have their task cut out for the second Test. While England may have won the match in the end, they’d know it took a Sam Curran’s game-changing fifty and India’s insipid batting which got them out of jail. They’ll miss the services of Ben Stokes, who played a pivotal role on the final day, due to his court hearing while Dawid Malan, who dropped a plethora of catches, has been dropped in favour of Ollie Pope.
India, on the other hand, were undone by two things in the first game- insipid batting barring a certain Virat Kohli, who scored around fifty per cent of the Indian runs across two innings and slip matches, and going into Lord’s, they’ll hope of an encore of the 2014 tour where they pipped the hosts on a green seamer thanks to Ajinkya Rahane’s first-day hundred and 7-74 by Ishant Sharma to bounce England out on the final day.
Read on for ENG vs IND Dream11 Team News and England vs India team news and playing 11.
ENG vs IND Team News
- England has made two changes into their squad for the second Test. Ben Stokes and Dawid Malan will make way for Chris Woakes and Ollie Pope.
- 20-year-old Surrey batsman, Ollie Pope will make his debut tomorrow as announced by the Joe Root & the team management. England will decide between Moeen Ali or Chris Woakes.
- Jasprit Bumrah is bowling fit but still out of contention for the second Test.
- India might go in for two changes following their 31-run loss at Edgbaston.
ENG vs IND Squads
Joe Root (c), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Jamie Porter, James Anderson, Jos Buttler, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope, Alastair Cook, Sam Curran
Virat Kohli (c), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Rishabh Pant (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul, M Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Karun Nair, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane
ENG vs IND Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up for ENG vs IND
Wicket-keeper: Jonny Bairstow
Batsmen: Joe Root, Alastair Cook, Keaton Jennings, Jos Buttler, Ollie Pope
All-rounders: Sam Curran, Chris Woakes/ Moeen Ali
Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, James Anderson
Wicket-keeper: Dinesh Karthik
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, M Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara
All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin
Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma (Doubt: Umesh Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav)
ENG vs IND Key Players
- Joe Root (80) and Jonny Bairstow (70) were the lone performers with the bat for England and will once again be the spearheads with the bat while Sam Curran (4-74, 1-18) and Anderson (2-41 & 2-50) will lead the bowling.
- Virat Kohli scored 200 out of the 462 runs that India scored at Edgbaston. He’ll once again be the spearhead and would expect some support from the likes of Vijay, Rahane and Pujara.
- With the ball, Ravi Ashwin (4-62 & 3-59) and Ishant Sharma (5-51) will be the spearheads at Lord’s.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Team
Note: This ENG vs IND Dream11 prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis England vs India team news.