GLO vs SOM Dream11 Match Predictions
T20 Vitality Blast, 2018
Gloucestershire vs Somerset, South Group
After handing the first loss to Kent Spitfires in their previous fixture, Gloucestershire will look to extend their rich vein of form when they take on Somerset in a South Group Vitality T20 Blast fixture on July 13th.
Gloucestershire was brilliant in their previous game against Kent Spitfires. Batting first, all of their batsmen contributed taking them to 7-184 in 20 overs. Defending 185, nearly all of the bowlers were among the wickets but standout performance came from Ryan Higgins (2-34) that helped GLO edge Kent Spitfires out by five runs.
Venue:- County Ground, Bristol
Match Timings:- Friday, July 13, 2018, 11:00 PM IST
Their opponents in Somerset are coming off an eight-wicket drubbing at the hands of Kent thanks to Carlos Brathwaite’s (4-21) and fifties from Bell-Drummond (58) and Heino Kuhn (67).
Read on for GLO vs SOM team news and GLO vs SOM dream11 prediction.
County Ground in Bristol is a good cricketing surface. The wicket favours both the sides-batting and bowling. The average first innings score at this venue in T20I is 151 and the highest score is 201/3 by India vs England. The last T20I between India and England was played on the same ground. So, expect a good battle between bat and ball. The flip of the coin will also play a crucial role here.
Avg 1st innings score: 151
Avg 2nd innings score: 153
Highest Total: 3-201 (18.4 Ov) by India vs England
Lowest Total: 10-129 (18.1 Ov) by NZ-W vs EN-W
Highest Chased: 3-201 (18.4 Ov) by India vs England
GLO vs SOM Team News:
- Gloucestershire has named a 14-man squad for their clash against Somerset.
- Andrew Tye returns to the squad after completing his International duties.
- Somerset have named a 13-member squad for their Vitality Blast encounter against Gloucestershire.
- Craig Overton is back into the squad following a side injury.
Klinger (c), Hammond, J.Taylor, van Buuren, Smith, Tye, Payne, M.Taylor, Liddle, Cockbain, Roderick, Noema-Barnett, Hankins, Higgins
Lewis Gregory (c), James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller, Tom Abell, Corey Anderson, Dom Bess, Josh Davey, Steve Davies, Ben Green
GLO vs SOM Playing 11:
The probable GLO vs SOM playing 11 is listed below.
Wicket-keeper: Gareth Roderick
Batsmen: Michael Klinger (c), Ian Cockbain, Miles Hammond, Jack Taylor
All-rounder: Benny Howell, Ryan Higgins
Bowlers: Thomas Smith, David Payne, Andrew Tye, Liam Norwell/Matt Taylor
Wicket-keeper: Steve Davies
Batsmen: Tom Abell, J Myburgh, James Hildreth
All-rounders: Peter Trego, Lewis Gregory(c), Roelof van der Merwe, Corey Anderson
Bowlers: Jamie Overton, Max Waller, Josh Davey (Doubt: Craig Overton, Dominic Bess)
GLO vs SOM Players to watch out for:
- For Gloucestershire, Klinger, Hammond and Ryan Higgins will be crucial in the batting department while van Buuren, Taylor and Thomas Smith will lead the bowling unit.
- Andrew Tye would also lend potency to GLO attack.
- As for Somerset, James Hildreth and Tom Abell will be pivotal in the batting department while Overton and Davey will lead the bowling.
GLO vs SOM Dream11 Team