IND vs BAN Dream11 Predictions
Asia Cup, 2018
India vs Bangladesh, Super-4, Match 01 Preview
After the preliminary stage of the tournament, we are down to the Super-04 where four teams will compete with each other in a bid to stake their claim into the finals of the 2018 Asia Cup.
Venue:- Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
Match Timing:- Friday, September 21, 2018, 05:00 PM IST
India will take on Bangladesh in the first of the two matches scheduled on Friday with Pakistan taking on Afghanistan at Abu Dhabi. This will be the first time that both sides will lock heads against each other since that historic 2-1 triumph by Bangladesh over the two-time World champions three years ago.
India rounded off the Group stage with an imperious win over arch-rivals Pakistan- a match so one-sided that there was a sense of inevitability to it after Pakistan were knocked over for a poultry 162. They did, however, have an injury concern during the game as all-rounder Hardik Pandya injured his lower-back while bowling and is subsequently out of the tournament. With Shardul Thakur (soreness in right hip) and Axar Patel (left index finger), following suit with Pandya, India have called in Deepak Chahar (Pandya’s replacement), Siddarth Kaul (Shardul Thakur) and Ravindra Jadeja, who has not played an ODI since the Champions Trophy final last year.
Bangladesh, meanwhile, has already been plagued with injury as well. Opener Tamim Iqbal was sidelined from the remainder of the Asia Cup in his side’s 137-run win over Sri Lanka in the tournament opener. They’ll, however, be buoyed by the performance of Rahi (144) and Mithun, who scored a defiant fifty against Sri Lanka when Bangladesh was reeling at 2-3. They’ll hope Mahmuddlah and Shakib to come up with the goods in this all-important encounter especially in the absence of Tamim if they are to do an encore of 2015 against India.
IND vs BAN Team News:-
- Hardik Pandya (back injury), Shardul Thakur (soreness in right hip) and Axar Patel (left index finger) have been ruled out of the Asia Cup.
- Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar and Siddarth Kaul have been called as replacements.
IND vs BAN Squad:-
Rohit Sharma(c), Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Siddarth Kaul, K Khaleel Ahmed, MS Dhoni, Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Chahar, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Lokesh Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Manish Pandey, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Mashrafe Mortaza(c), Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Nazmul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Hider Rony, Mohammad Mithun, Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah, Rubel Hossain
IND vs BAN Playing 11:-
Here’s how both teams might line-up for IND vs BAN:-
Wicket-keeper – MS Dhoni
Batsmen – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik
All-rounder- Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja/Deepak Chahar
Bowlers – Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket-keeper – Mushfiqur Rahim
Batsmen – Mohammad Mithun, Nazmul Hossain, Litton Das
All-rounders – Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan
Bowlers – Rubel Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Mashrafe Mortaza
IND vs BAN Key Players
- India’s strength over the past 12 months has been their top-3. With Virat Kohli not there, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan are the lynchpins around which the batting revolves. While Shikhar got a hundred against Hong Kong and had a decent outing against Pakistan (46), Rohit hit full gears against the likes of Amir and Usman Khan in the previous game, stroking a whirlwind 50. Rohit enjoys batting against Bangladesh too. He stroked a mastery 135 in the semi-finals of the 2015 World Cup. Either of Shikhar and Rohit is a must in your fantasy team.gaiinst
- On these slow tracks of Dubai, good players of spin bowling are a must during the middle-overs. Ambati Rayudu has had a couple of decent outings thus far. He will be crucial for India against the likes of Shakib and Mehedy Hasan.
- On the bowling front, Bhuvneshwar Kumar finally shrugged off his poor run of form in ODI cricket with a match-winning spell against Pakistan as he nipped both of the openers in the first five overs. Bhumrah’s presence too was pivotal as the skiddy fast bowler made his return to ODI team after January and was right on the money against Fakhar Zaman especially. Bhuveshwar and Bumrah will be pivotal to India’s chances.
- Kedar Jadhav (3-23) bowled a dream spell against Pakistan, ideally filling the role of the fifth bowler in the absence of Pandya. Jadhav will be the X-factor for India whether it is with the bowl in the middle-overs or with the bat during the death overs.
- Bangladesh was in the dumps when they were reduced to 2-2 and effectively 2-3 after Tamim Iqbal was hit on his left wrist against Sri Lanka before Mohammad Mithun and Mushfiqur Rahim (144) restored their fledgling innings to script a memorable win for the Tigers.
- Bangladesh’s dependence on Mushifiqur has been exposed to the hilt against Afghanistan where they are currently tottering at 6-97 in pursuit of 256. Mahmudullah (27) and Shakib Al Hasan (32) were the lone contributors and Rahim will hope all of Bangladesh’s experienced cricketers in Mahmudullah and Shakib give him ample support against India.
- With the bowl, Shakib Al Hasan (4-42), Mashrafee Mortaza, who is closing on 250 ODI wickets and the left-arm medium pace of Mustafizur Rahman which has often troubled the Indian batsmen especially Rohit Sharma will be the key.
- IND vs BAN Dream11 Team:-