IND vs PAK Dream11 Predictions
Asia Cup, 2018
India vs Pakistan, Group B, Match 03Jas
After weeks of build-up and euphoria, finally, it will India taking on their arch-nemesis Pakistan in the Group stage encounter on Wednesday.
Venue:- Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match Timings:- Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 05:00 PM IST
This will be the first time that both sides will lock horns after that infamous Champions Trophy final last year where Pakistan got the better of India to lift the title. Fakhar Zaman was the key figure in Pakistan’s 180-run win in that game. The left-hander playing his first Indo-Pak game scored a swashbuckling hundred before Mohammad Amir bowled that menacing spell to nip out India’s top-3 and effectively end the match.
But Pakistan would know history counts for nothing in an Indo-Pak game. Since that match, India has been able to curb their middle-order voes with the introduction of Kuldeep Yadav and Chahal. This will be the first time that Pakistan will counter India’s wrist-spinners in the middle-overs and the way it pans out will certainly decide the game.
India vs Pakistan (Head -to-Head in Asia Cup)
Won by India- 6
Won by Pakistan- 5
Last meeting:- India beat Pakistan by five wickets (Asia Cup T20, 2016)
Another sub-plot surrounding the game is India’s batsmen’s perennial weakness against quality left-arm medium pacers. Amir has exposed it to the hilt over the years especially against Rohit Sharma and with the likes of Usman Khan added into the ranks, how Indian batsmen blunt out the left-arm threat will certainly decide which way the game is heading.
But above all the technicalities, strengths and weaknesses, it will be the battle of nerves. Whoever handles it better will come out on top.
IND vs PAK Team News:-
- With India playing back-to-back games in 24 hours, the team management might be tempted to rest Bhuvneshwar Kumar in favour of Khaleel Ahmed, who had a great outing in his debut match against Hong Kong.
IND vs PAK Squads:-
Rohit Sharma(c), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, K Khaleel Ahmed, MS Dhoni, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Lokesh Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Manish Pandey, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Fakhar Zaman, Asif Ali, Sarfraz Ahmed(c), Babar Azam, Junaid Khan, Shan Masood, Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Imam-ul-Haq, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir
IND vs PAK Playing 11:
Here’s how both teams might line-up for IND vs PAK:-
Wicket-keeper – MS Dhoni
Batsmen – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu (D:- Dinesh Karthik)
All-rounder – Kedar Jhadhav, Hardik Pandya
Bowlers – Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar/Khaleel Ahmed, Jasprit Bumrah
Wicket-keeper – Sarfraz Ahmed
Batsmen – Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Asif Ali
All-rounder – Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf
Bowlers –Junaid Khan, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir
IND vs PAK Key Players
- In the absence of Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan will be critical for India. With India’s perennial strengths lying on their top-3 and in the wake of their inconsistent middle-order which is still coming to terms with fluency, Rohit and Dhawan’s good start at the top will go in a long way in settling down the middle-order nerves.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar played with an injured back in India vs England ODI series while Jaspirit Bumrah missed the entire limited-overs leg of England, and suddenly India looked out of sorts in the first ten and the death overs. Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar have been the cornerstone of India’s success in the past two years claiming early wickets in the first ten while restricting them at the death.
- For Pakistan, the top-order in Imam, Fakhar and Babar Azam have been in scintillating form in the past six months. They’ll hold the key while Shoaib Malik’s experience of playing against India in the middle-order will be pretty handy.
- The biggest threat to India will be their left-arm pacers in Usman and Mohammed while the likes of Hasan Ali, who claimed three wickets in the Champions Trophy final and Shadab will be the X-Factors.
POSSIBLE CHANGES IN THE INDIAN LINEUP
- Jasprit Bumrah might come back in the starting 11 in this game after missing out on his spot to Shardul Thakur in the game against Hong Kong
- KL Rahul was on bench in the last game and either one of them could replace Dinesh Karthik in this game after he had a very average game the last time out.
- Kedhar Jadhav and Ambati Rayudu were impressive with the bat so they are most likely to retain their position on the team sheet.
- Lastly, K Khaleel had an excellent debut against Hong Kong but given the ante of the game, he might lose his spot to all rounder Hardik Pandya
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is another option who could get replaced by Hardik Pandya after a not so impressive performance with the ball
IND vs PAK Dream11 Team:-
Disclaimer- Management can take any decision at the last moment. The IND vs PAK dream11 match predictions we are providing here is based on our research and analysis. We urge you to pick your IND vs PAK playing 11 and make your own IND vs PAK Dream11 team if you feel so. Also, hit the bell icon to never miss an important update from us.