IND vs PAK Dream11 Predictions
Asia Cup, 2018
India vs Pakistan, Super Four, Match 03
After playing out a damp squib in the Group stage, India and Pakistan will lock horns once again in the third match of the Super Four stage on Sunday.
India has been in imperious form thus far in the tournament. After a bit of a wobble against Hong Kong in their opening match, the Men in Blue comfortably swatted aside arch-rivals Pakistan (by eight wickets) and Bangladesh (by seven wickets). At the heart of India’s success in the last two games has been the opening pair of Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah.
Venue:- Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Match Timings:- Sunday, September 23, 2018, 05:00 PM IST
In the first game against Hong Kong, Bhuvneshwar Kumar (0-50) looked rusty coming from a long injury lay-off, but the nagging bowler has hit the right straps in the last two matches. Against Pakistan, Bhuvneshwar nipped out both Fakhar Zaman and Imam ul-Haq in his first spell essentially ending Pakistan’s challenge.
Hardik Pandya’s injury in the last game against Pakistan proved to be a blessing in disguise as Ravindra Jadeja nipped out four Bangladesh wickets in the middle-overs giving Rohit Sharma the fifth bowling option along with Kedar Jadhav, who bowled a match-winning spell (3-23) in the last game against Pakistan.
India’s batting has also looked thus far with Rayudu, DK and MS Dhoni, who came in at the No.4 position to bat against Bangladesh, providing able support to Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan.
Pakistan, meanwhile, has more questions to answer. Shoaib Malik’s calculated assault saved them from the blushes against a rampant Afghanistan side, but again the fragility in their middle-order was there to be seen by everyone. After Imam ul Haq (80) and Babar Azam (66) gave their side an ideal platform to chase down 258, Haris Sohail (13), skipper Sarfaraz (8) and Asif Ali (7) capitulated under pressure to leave Shoaib Malik (51) stranded on the other end. However, they won’t have had to chase the target Afghanistan eventually got thanks to their insipid fielding display.
Debutant Shaheen Afridi could have got three or four wickets but he’d to settle for two as Pakistani fielders made it a point to constantly drop catches off his bowling. They dropped Faheem Ashraf against Afghanistan in favor of Haris Sohail. Sohail bowled six wicketless overs at the cost of 30 meaning Shoaib Malik had to fill in as their fifth bowler. Against a strong batting line-up, one would feel that Pakistan would slot in Faheem Ashraf to give themselves a fifth bowling option, but at the end of the day, it is their body language that would define which way the match will shape out in the end.
Read on for IND vs PAK Team News and IND vs PAK Playing 11
IND VS PAK TEAM NEWS
- Shadab Khan, who missed the Afghanistan match, is expected to come back in the squad.
- He failed to pass the fitness test against Afghanistan. If he passes it against India, Pakistan will have to take a tough decision over M Nawaz.
- A couple of changes are expected to be seen in Pakistan. They will have to choose between Harris Sohail or Faheem Ashraf. harris Sohail too had an average outing against Afghanistan.
- M Amir was not included in the playing 11 against Afghanistan. Most probably it was his form that kept him out.
- If Pakistan wishes to bring him back against India, they will have to take exclude either Usman Khan or Shaheen Afridi.
IND VS PAK SQUADS
Rohit Sharma (c), MS Dhoni (wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, Kedar Jadhav, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Manish Pandey, Lokesh Rahul, Siddarth Kaul, Deepak Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed.
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Shan Masood, Sarfraz Ahmed(c), Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Asif Ali, Mohammad Amir
IND VS PAK PLAYING 11
Here’s how the two sides may lineup for India vs Pakistan clash.
Wicket-keeper – MS Dhoni
Batsmen – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik
All-rounders – Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers – Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal
Wicket-keeper – Sarfraz Ahmed
Batsmen – Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Asif Ali
All-rounders – Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan
Bowlers – Hasan Ali, Usman Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Shah Afridi
IND vs PAK Key Players:-
- Rohit Sharma and Shikar Dhawan have been in imperious form thus far in the tournament and will once again be the spearheads of the Indian batting.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar claimed three wickets last time he played against Pakistan. He and Bumrah will be crucial in the first ten overs.
- Imam ul Haq, Babar Azam and Shoaib Malik will be pivotal with the bat for Pakistan.
- Shaheen Shah Afrduid claimed two wickets on his debut against Afghanistan. With India’s perennial weakness lying against quality left-arm pace, he might be crucial for Pakistan in the first ten overs.
IND vs PAK Dream11 Team:-