The second installment of India Vs Sri Lanka starts from tomorrow. Both the teams will face each other in the first of the three matches test series being played on Eden Gardens. Sri Lanka will try hard to avenge their massive defeat by 9-0 earlier this year. However, it won’t be that much easy for Sri Lankan lions. India is in an excellent form and with Murli Vijay, R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadega coming back, team looks more balanced and savage. India will look to continue the winning momentum after a hard fought ODI series and maiden T20 series win.
When and where:
Series- Sri Lanka Tour of India, 2017
Venue- Eden Gardens, Kolkata
Date and Time- 16 Nov & 09:30 PM Local
The wicket at Eden Gardens plays well. It is a good wicket to bat. However, at the latter part of the game, pitch starts favoring spinners. Spinners in the second part of the game can create some trouble.
Average 1st Inns scores-332
Average 2nd Inns scores-313
Average 3rd Inns scores-254
Average 4th Inns scores-145
Highest total recorded-657/7 (178 Ov) by Ind vs Aus
Lowest total recorded-90/10 (30 Ov) by Ind vs WI
- As this is the first test match it is a bit difficult to guess who will get the chance.
- After the return of Murli Vijay, management faces a trouble in choosing openers from KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Murli Vijay and Rohit Sharma.
- The same trouble is for choosing R Ashwin and R Jadeja. Both may or may not play.
- Virat Kohli confirmed that Shikhar Dhawan will open the innings with KL Rahul.
- India will play with 3 fast bowlers.
- Shami/B Kumar/Ishant Sharma/U Yadav one among them will have to sit.
- Jadeja’s playing chances are less as India may play with extra batsman like Rohit Sharma.
- Sri Lanka will play under the captaincy of Dinesh Chandimal.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Dimuth Karunaratne are the key batters
- Lakshan Sandakan and Rangana Herath are the key bowlers.
- A Mathews is fit and is expected to play
- L Gamage/Fernando one will play
India Probable Squad:
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma
Sri Lanka Probable Squad:
Dimuth Karunaratne, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Gamage, Dhananjaya de Silva, Roshen Silva
India Probable Playing 11:
S Dhawan, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Cheteswar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha, Rohit Sharma/R Jadeja, R Ashwin, M Shami, U Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Sri Lanka Probable Playing 11:
S Samarawickrama, Lhiru Thirimanne, Dinesh Chandimal, D Perera, Angelpo Mathews, R Herath, D Karunaratne, N Dickwella, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Gamage/Fernando, Dhananjaya de Silva/L Sandakan