NSW vs SAU Dream11 Predictions
JLT Cup, 2018
New South Wales vs South Australia Redbacks, 4th Match
As the caravan of the 2018 JLT Cup rolls on, New South Wales will take on South Australia in what is expected to be another riveting encounter at Perth on Thursday.
Venue:- W.A.C.A, Perth
Match Timings:- Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:30 AM IST
New South Wales started their tournament on a losing note after they successfully chased down 205 against Western Australia, Tuesday night. Western Australia’s bowling was at the heart of the win as virtually bowler spearheaded by Andrew Tye (3-30) chipped in with wickets at regular intervals to derail NSW’s charge. Barring a couple of the 30s from Nick Larkin and Jack Edwards, none of the top-order batsmen could post a substantial score on the board. Daniel Sams scored a more than run-a-ball down the order compile a much-needed fifty (42 off 60 balls) to help NSW get to 204 in 43.4 overs.
Defending 205, Daniel Sams (3-46) gave a perfect start to NSW as he knocked over wicket-keeper Josh Inglis (5) and Sam Whiteman (0) relatively cheaply but Josh Phillippe scored a run-a-ball fifty before Sams nipped him out to create a stutter in WA camp. Skipper Ashton Turner played a captain’s knock of 55-ball-70 to steer his side from troubled waters.
They’ll now face the 2017 runners-up South Australia Redbacks, who’ll be missing the services of their regular skipper Travis Head, who is currently on Australian duty. South Australia’s strength lies in their bowling attack with the likes of Joe Meanie, and Adam Zampa.
NSW vs SAU Team News:-
- New South Wales will be without their regular skipper Peter Nevill after the wicket-keeper suffered a broken thumb in the WACA Ground nets on Monday afternoon.
- Top-order batsman Kurtis Patterson will lead the side in Nevill’s absence.
- Jay Lenton has been called in as a cover for injured Nevill.
- South Australia’s paceman Daniel Worrall will miss the Redbacks’ opening encounter after experiencing lower-back pain in Perth.
New South Wales-
Kurtis Patterson (c), Daniel Hughes, Nick Larkin, Stephen O’Keefe, Daniel Sams, Jason Sangha, Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Ryan Gibson, Moises Henriques
South Australia Redbacks:-
Jake Lehmann (c), Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Spencer Johnson, Joe Mennie, Harry Nielsen, Kane Richardson, Alex Ross, Chadd Sayers, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa
NSW vs SAU Playing 11:-
Here’s how both teams might line-up for NSW vs SAU:-
New South Wales:-
Wicket-keeper:- Jay Lenton
Batsmen:- Kurtis Patterson, Ryan Gibson, Nick Larkin, Daniel Hughes
All-rounder:-Moises Henriques, Sean Abbott, Jack Edwards
Bowlers:- Steven O’Keefe, Mickey Edwards, Daniel Sams
Wicket-keeper:- Alex Carey
Batsmen:- Jake Weatherland, Alex Ross, Jake Lehmann, Callum Ferguson
All-rounder:- Tom Cooper, Cameron Valente, Luke Robins
Bowlers:- Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson, Joe Mennie
NSW vs SAU Key Players:-
- For New South Wales, the onus of leading the batting might be on skipper Kurtis Patterson (23), Moise Henriques and Nick Larkin.
- The bowling unit will be spearheaded by Daniel Sams (3-460 and Sean Abbott.
- As for South Australia Redbacks, Alex Carey, skipper Jake Lehmann and Jake Weatherland will be crucial with the bat while Zampa, Mennie and Richardson will lead the bowling prowess.
NSW vs SAU Dream11 Team:-