Pakistan vs New Zealand 2nd ODI Dream 11 Fantasy Match Prediction
Pakistan Tour of New Zealand 2018
Pakistan was all over the place in the first ODI against New Zealand played in Wellington. The beating was comprehensive; first Kiwi batsmen posted a big total and later the opening bowlers ran through the Pak batting order in no time.
After a drubbing at Wellington, the touring Pakistan team will like to make a comeback in the five-match ODI series against New Zealand at Nelson. Before the Wellington fixture, the tourists had won 9 ODIs on-the-trot including triumph at the Champions Trophy last year.
New Zealand will be full of confidence after a clinical win in the first game of the series, with top 3 batsmen firing and new-ball bowlers making most of the conditions. However, they would still be wary of the unpredictability of the Pak team, and must not go overboard.
For Pakistan to get back in the series, Fakhar Zaman would need help of the seniors Hafeez and Malik. Babar Azam, who had a rare failure at Wellington, is another on whom Pakistan can pin their hopes.
When and where:
Series: Pakistan tour of New Zealand, 2018
Venue: Saxton Oval, Nelson
Date and Time: January 09, 03:30 AM IST
Pitch and conditions
The forecast isn’t great for a full quota of 100-over game as rain is expected throughout the week. Speaking of the pitch, Nelson is not a typical New Zealand wicket but one of the slowest in the country.
ODIs hosted: 9
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won bowling first: 6
Average 1st Inns score: 256
Average 2nd Inns score: 253
Highest total: 322/4 (48.1 Ov) by Ban vs Sco
Lowest total: 184/10 (42.4 Ov) by Ban vs NZ
Highest score chased: 322/4 (48.1 Ov) by Ban vs Sco
Lowest score defended: 251/10 (50 Ov) by NZ vs Ban
Form guide (last five completed matches, most recent first)
New Zealand WWWWL
NZ vs PAK Team News:
- NZ is most likely to field the unchanged XI.
- Pakistan is most likely to field the unchanged side.
NZ v PAK Stats and trivia:
- The loss at Wellington ended nine-match winning streak for Pakistan.
- The side chasing has won six times in the eight completed ODIs at the Saxton Oval.
- Kiwis have won four of the five ODIs played at this venue.
NZ vs PAK Probable XI:
Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson*, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham +, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Todd Astle, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed*+, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees
NZ vs PAK Squad:
Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Sarfraz Ahmed(w/c), Fakhar Zaman, Rumman Raees, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Imam-ul-Haq, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Nawaz, Aamer Yamin
Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson(c), George Worker, Colin Munro, Henry Nicholls, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Tom Latham(w), Todd Astle
- Zaman was the only positive for Pakistan from the forgetful start of the ODI series.
- More is expected out of Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik.
- Kiwi captain Kane Williamson cracked a masterful ton at Wellington and would look to carry the momentum.
- New-ball partners Boult and Southee can again pose difficulties for Pak batters.
- Shadab and Santner may get more purchase from the slow Nelson wicket.
- Both Amir and Hasan were expensive in the first encounter. The two would like to bowl economically.
PAK vs NZ 2nd ODI Dream XI Match Prediction
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update