SAU vs WAU Dream11 Predictions
JLT Cup, 2018
South Australia Redbacks vs Western Australia, Match 05
As the caravan of the 2018 JLT Cup rolls on, Western Australia will take on South Australia Redbacks on Saturday.
Western Australia comes into this game on the back of a four-wicket win against New South Wales after they successfully chased down 205 in a mere 32.2 overs.
Venue:- W.A.C.A, Perth
Match Timings:- Saturday, September 22, 2018, 11:30 AM IST
Relentless pressure and wickets at regular intervals were at the heart of WA win in the last game as Tye (3-30), Green (3-44) and the new-ball duo of Paris (2-26) and Jhye Richardson (2-44) bowled the Blues’ out for a poultry 204 in 43.4 overs. Chasing 205, WA lost Inglis (5) and Sam Whiteman (0) cheaply but run-a-ball 59 by Josh Phillipe and a belligerent 55-ball-70 by skipper Ashley Turner meant, the target was chased down in a mere 32.2 overs.
South Australia, meanwhile, also started their campaign with a bang, completing a 7-wicket win over New South Wales after they successfully chased down 241 thanks to a whirlwind 98-ball-106 by Jake Weatherland and skipper Jake Lehmann’s 97- all-87.
With both sides notching up a win in their opening encounters respectively, it is expected to be a pulsating game at the Western Australia Cricket Association Ground in Perth.
Read on for SAU vs WAU Team News and SAU vs WAU Playing 11
SAU vs WAU Team News:-
SAU vs WAU Squad:-
South Australia Redbacks:-
Jake Lehmann (c), Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Spencer Johnson, Joe Mennie, Harry Nielsen, Kane Richardson, Alex Ross, Chadd Sayers, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa
Ashton Turner (c), Ashton Agar, Josh Philippe, Jhye Richardson, D’Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Jonathan Wells, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Cameron Green, Josh Inglis, Matt Kelly, Joel Paris
SAU vs WAU Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up for SAU vs WAU:-
Wicket-keeper:- Alex Carey
Batsmen:- Jake Weatherland, Jake Lehmann, Callum Ferguson, Alex Ross
All-rounder:- Tom Cooper, Cameron Valente, Luke Robins
Bowlers:- Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson, Joe Mennie
Wicket-keeper:- Josh Inglis
Batsmen:- Josh Phillipe, Ashton Turner, Jonathan Wells, Hilton Cartwright, Sam Whiteman
All-rounder:- Ashton Agar, Cameron Green
Bowlers:- Jhye Richardson, Joel Paris, Andrew Tye
SAU vs WAU Key Players:-
South Australia Redbacks
- Jake Weatherland’s swashbuckling 105 coupled with a gritty 87 by skipper Jake Lehmann was at the cornerstone of South Australia win in the last game. They will once again be the lynchpin of their batting might.
- Adam Zampa spearheaded the bowling attack with figures of 3-37 against NSW. He’ll once again be crucial while Chadd Sayers (2-52) and Joe Mennie (2-53) will look to make the most of the fast WACA pitch.
- Western Australia will hope the likes of Josh Inglis and Sam Whiteman (0) to come up with the goods against the Redbacks’ to support Josh Phillipe, who scored run-a-ball 59 to steer his side to victory in the first match.
- While their top-order faltered against NSW, Western Australia’s lower middle-order in Ashton Agar (280 and Ashton Turner (70) bailed them out of trouble. They’ll once again hope for handy contributions from them in case a match goes down to the wire.
- WA’s bowling was imperious in the last game. While Joel Paris (2-26) and Jhye Richardson (2-44) kept the pressure early on by claiming early wickets, they were well supported by Andrew Tye and Cameron Green; both claiming three wickets each.
SAU vs WAU Dream11 Team:-