SOM vs NOT Dream11 Match Predictions
Vitality T20 Blast, 2018
Somerset vs Nottinghamshire, 4th Quarter-Final
As the caravan of the 2018 Vitality Blast reaches its business end, Somerset will take on Nottinghamshire in the fourth Quarter-final on Sunday night.
Somerset have had an imperious 2018 campaign thus far and has finished at the summit of the South Group points table, they’ll start as favorites to overcome the defending champions Nottinghamshire Outlaws.
Venue:- The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
Match Timings:- Sunday, August 27, 2018, 5:30 PM IST
They’ll, however, look to shrug off the 5-run loss at the hands of Spitfires in their last league game, a match where their bowling came for a stick against the likes of Heino Kuhn and Sam Billings. In a game that saw more than 450 runs being scored Max Waller returned as the most potent bowler with figures of 2-29. On the batting front, Alex Davies (45) continued his swashbuckling form and the opener along with Hildreth (45) and Trego (30) will be pivotal in the all-important quarter-final.
Nottinghamshire Outlaws, on the other hand, finished fourth in the North Group points table and will come into this game on the back of a comprehensive eight-wicket win over Yorkshire Vikings in their last league game thanks to Alex Hales whirlwind fifty at Trent Bridge.
Read on for more SOM vs NOT Team News and SOM vs NOT Playing 11
SOM vs NOT Team News
- Somerset have named a 15-member squad against Nottinghamshire. Lewis Gregory’s participation will be assessed before the toss.
- Nottinghamshire has announced a 14-man squad for the Quarter-final.
- It has been raining heavily at Taunton. The Umpires make a call to start the game on Sunday in case the rain relents. In case of a washout today, the game will be played out tomorrow, on the Reserve day.
Due to inclement weather conditions at Taunton, the all-important quarter-final will now be staged on the reserve day i.e Monday.
SOM vs NOT Squad:-
Lewis Gregory (c), James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Jerome Taylor, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller, Tom Abell, Corey Anderson, Dom Bess, Josh Davey, Steve Davies
Dan Christian (c), Ish Sodhi, Jake Libby, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Steven Mullaney, Riki Wessels, Alex Hales, Luke Fletcher, Matt Carter, Samit Patel, Tom Moores (wk), Paul Coughlin, Billy Root.
SOM vs NOT Playing 11
Here’s how both teams might line-up for SOM vs NOT:-
Wicketkeeper – Steven Davies
Batsman – Peter Trego, James Hildreth, Tom Abell, Cory Anderson, Johann Myburgh
All-rounders – Lewis Gregory (C)
Bowlers – Jerome Taylor, Jamie Overton, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller
Wicket-keeper: Tom Moores
Batsmen: Alex Hales, Steven Mullaney, Riki Wessels, Jake Libby
All-rounders: Samit Patel, Daniel Christian
Bowlers: Harry Gurney, Luke Fletcher, Ish Sodhi
SOM vs NOT Key Players:-
- Corey Anderson (SOM, 460 runs at 46.00)
- Ales Hales (NOT, 71 of 56 vs YOR in the last game)
- Rikki Wessels (NOT)
- James Hildreth (SOM, 45 vs Kent in the last game)
- Peter Trego (SOM)
- Jamie Overton (SOM, 19 wickets at 23.32)
- Harry Gurney (NOT, 20 wickets at 17.55)
- Ish Sodhi (NOT, 18 wickets at 22.50)
- Max Waller (SOM, 2-29 vs KET)
SOM vs NOT Dream11 Team:-