SUR vs SOM Dream11 Match Predictions
T20 Vitality Blast, 2018
Surrey vs Somerset, South Group
As the caravan of the T20 Vitality Blast rolls on, Surrey will take on Somerset in what is expected to be a highly riveting encounter.
Venue- Kennington Oval, London
Match Timings- Friday, July 27, 2018, 11:00 PM IST
Surrey came into their last fixture against Kent on the back of two successive wins over Essex and Surrey respectively and looked well-on-course for another victory when their batsmen spearheaded by Aaron Finch (83) and Rory Burns (50) led them to 6-250 in 2-0 overs. But unfortunately, the match got washed out and Surrey will hope to emulate the same performance when they take on Somerset on Friday.
Somerset, on the other hand, is coming off a 30-run win over Glamorgan in their previous fixture. Corey Anderson was the Player of the match as his 29-ball-59 along with James Hildreth (56) helped Glamorgan post 5-190 in 20 overs which was defended by ease thanks to the all-round bowling attack spearheaded by Max Waller (2-20).
Read on for SUR vs SOM team news and SUR vs SOM dream11 prediction.
The Pitch at the Kennington is typically a flat wicket with the spinners coming to the fore in the latter stages of the game. The average first innings score in 16 T20 matches played on the venue is 150 which drops to 133 while chasing.
SUR vs SOM Team News:
- Somerset has named a 13-man squad for their clash against Surrey.
- Lewis Gregory is back to full fitness and Jerome Taylor has also been included in the squad.
- Surrey has named a 15-man squad for their Vitality Blast fixture against Somerset.
- Jason Roy and Tom Curran return to the squad following completion of their International duties.
Jade Dernbach, Gareth Baty, Scott Borthwick, Rory Burns, Rikki Clarke, Sam Curran, Tom Curran. Aaron Fincg, Ben Foakes, Will Jaccks, Nic Maddinson, Mat Pillans, Ollie Pope, Jason Roy, Freddie van der Bergh
Tom Abell, Corey Anderson, Josh Davey, Steve Davies, Lewis Gregory, James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Jerome Taylor, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller
SUR vs SOM Playing 11:
Here’s how teams might line-up for SUR vs SOM.
Wicket-keeper: Ben Foakes
Batsmen: Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Jason Roy, Aaron Finch (D: Nic Maddinson)
All-rounder: Mathew Pillans, Scott Borthwick, Rikki Clarke
Bowlers: Gareth Batty, Jade Dernbach (c), Sam Curran/Tom Curran
Wicket-keeper: Steven Davies
Batsmen: James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Tom Abell
All-rounder: Corey Anderson, Roelof van der Merwe, Peter Trego
Bowlers: Max Waller, Lewis Gregory (c), Craig Overton, Jamie Overton (D: Jerome Taylor)
SUR vs SOM Players to watch out for:
- For Surrey, Aaron Finch (83) has been in imperious form this year. He, along with Rory Burns (50) and Nic Maddinson will lead the batting might.
- The bowling department will be led by skipper Jade Dernbach (3-31), Matthew Pillans (3-20 vs Sussex) and Gareth Batty.
- For Somerset, Steven Davies, James Hildreth and Tom Abell will be key while Corey Anderson (59) will be the X-Factor.
- The bowling will be led by Max Waller (2-20), Craig Overton (2-31) and Roelof van der Merve (2-26).
SUR vs SOM Dream11 Team