SUS vs DUR Dream11 Predictions
Vitality T20 Blast, 2018
Sussex Sharks vs Durham Jets, 2nd Quarter-Final
As the caravan of the 2018 Vitality Blast rolls on, Sussex Sharks’ will take on Durham Jets in the second Quarter-final on Friday.
Venue:- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
Match Timings:- Friday, August 24, 2018, 11:00 PM IST
Sussex Sharks’ finished third in the South Group points table with seven wins and three losses and come into thus all-important clash on the back of a 31-run win over Middlesex in their the closing game of the league stage. Their top-order in Philip Salt 966), Luke Wright (74) and Laurie Evans (36), as has been the norm throughout the tournament, were imperious against Middlesex to help their side post a mammoth 5-215 in 20 overs. They might no longer have Rashid Khan in their ranks but the likes of Briggs (1-22), Mills (2-31) and Jordan (2-29) made sure they restricted Middlesex to 184; 31 runs adrift of the target.
They’ll face Durham Jets, who too have endured an imperious league-stage campaign having finished at the second spot in the North Group points table (19). Their last completed fixture resulted in a 65-run drubbing at the hands of Lancashire Lightning after their top-order capitulated in astounding fashion against the likes of James Faulkner (2-3), Toby Lester (2-5) and Matthew Parkinson (3-19) in pursuit of 144.
Read on for more SUS vs DUR Team News and SUS vs DUR Playing 11
SUS vs DUR Team News:-
- Sussex Sharks have named the same 14-member squad that beat Middlesex in the last league stage game.
- Durham Jets have named a 13-man squad to face Sussex Sharks at Emirates Riverside.
- Ben Stokes has been added t the Durham Jets squad for the Vitality Blast quarter-final against Sussex. He will play as a batsman only.
- James Weighell (broken hand) and Liam Trevaskis (glandular fever) will miss out while Mark Wood is expected to feature in this all-important encounter.
SUS vs DUR Squads:-
Luke Wright, Jofra Archer, Will Beer, Danny Briggs, Tom Bruce, Michael Burgess (wk), Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, Chris Jordan, Tymal Mills, Delray Rawlins, Olie Robinson, Phil Salt, David Wiese
Tom Latham (c), Graham Clark, Ryan Davies, Ryan Pringle, Scott Steel, Stuart Poynter (wk), Nathan Rimmington, Mark Wood, Barry McCarthy, Chris Rushworth, Ben Whitehead, Paul Collingwood, Ben Stokes, Will Smith
SUS vs DUR Playing 11:-
Here’s how both teams might lineup for SUS vs DUR, 2nd Quarter-final
Wicket-keeper: Michael Burgess
Batsmen: Philip Salt, Delray Rawlins, Luke Wright, Laurie Evans
All-rounder: Jofra Archer, David Wiese
Bowlers: Chris Jordan, Danny Briggs, Tymal Mills, Will Beer
Wicket-keeper: Stuart Poynter
Batsmen: Graham Clark, Ryan Davies, Tom Latham, Will Smith
All-rounders: Paul Collingwood, Scott Steel
Bowlers: Nathan Rimmington, Chris Rushworth, Mark Wood, Ben Whitehead,
SUS vs DUR Key Players:-
- For Sussex, the trio of Philip Salt (321 runs), Laurie Evans (491 runs) and skipper Luke Wright will form the cornerstone of the batting unit while the likes of Mills, Archer (17 wickets) and Briggs will lead the bowling attack.
- For Durham, Graham Clark (392 runs), skipper Tom Latham (454 runs) and Paul Collingwood will be crucial with the bat while Chris Rushworth, James Weighell and Rimmington (22 wickets0 will lead the bowling.
SUS vs DUR Dream11 Team:-
Disclaimer- Management can take any decision at the last moment. The SUS vs DUR dream11 match predictions we are providing here is based on our research and analysis. We urge you to pick your SUS vs DUR playing 11 and make your own SUS vs DUR Dream11 team if you feel so. Also, hit the bell icon to never miss an important update from us.