Bangladesh Premier League 2017- Match 1
The highly awaited tournament of Bangladesh, the Bangladesh Premier League 2017 is all set to begin from tomorrow. The fifth season will begin with the opening match between Sylhet Sixers Vs Dhaka Dynamites. The opening match between the defending champion Dhaka Dynamites and the new franchise Sylhet Sixers will take place at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, the home ground of Sylhet Sixers.
When and Where:
Tournament- Bangladesh Premier League 2017
Venue- Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
Date and Time- 04-November-2017 at 2 PM Local
Pitch Conditions: The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium is a slow batting pitch and will be in favor of spinners. on the other hand, the ground has short boundaries and is also expected to be batting friendly.
Venue Stats: T20I
Total matches – 06
Matches won (bowling first) – 06
Average Score (1st inngs) – 147
Average Score (2nd inngs) – 146
Highest total – 193/4 (13.5 Ov) by NED Vs IRE
Lowest total recorded – 151/10 (19.5 Ov) by UAE Vs NED
- This new franchise has a good mix of international players and domestic talents.
- The team is expected to play under the captaincy of Sri Lanka’s ODI captain Sabbir Rahman.
- Sixers will miss their Pakistani players as they are unavailable for the first three weeks due to their own National T20 tournament. Usman Khan, Amir and Babar Azam will not play the first match.
- Sixers will be more depended on Bangladesh’s batting all-rounder Sabbir Rahman and Naijul Hossain and Taijul Islam.
- Last year’s champion, Dhaka Dynamites will play under the captaincy of Bangladesh’s star all-rounder Shakib al Hasan.
- Dynamites will miss the sheer attack of Mohd.Amir as he too will be unavailable for first few matches.
- However, Dynamites still look quite stronger with the list of retired legends in their squad which include Kumar Sangakkara, Shahid Afridi, Shane Watson.
- Mohammad Shahid and Mehadi Maruf are a few notable players Dynamites will rely upon.
- Shane Watson will be unavailable for the first match due to an injury while Mosaddek Hossain has joined the squad after the eye injury.
Upul Tharanga, Davy Jacobs, Dasun Shanaka, Sabbir Rahman(c), Barry McCarthy, Chaturanga de Silva, Nasir Hossain, Taijul Islam, Nabil Samad, Nurul Hasan, Mohammad Sharif, Sharifullah, Liam Plunkett, Usman Khan, Imtiaz Hossain, Wanidu Hasaranga, Krishmar Santokie, Ghulam Madassar, Babar Azam, Andre Fletcher, Ross Whiteley, Shuvagata Hom, Abul Hasan, Kamrul Islam Rabbi,
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Abu Hider Rony, Khaled Ahmed, Akeal Hosein, Graeme Cremer, Sunil Narine, Kieron Polard, Shadman Islam, Nadif Chowdhary, Noor Hossain, Joe Denly, Kumar Sangakkara, Shahid Afridi, Shaheen Afradi, Rovman Powell, Shane Watson, Kevon Cooper, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Amir, Evin Lewis, Jahurul Islam, Ronsford Beaton, Saqlain Sajib, Cameron Delport, Mehedi Muruf
Probable Playing 11:
As it is the first match of the tournament, it is a bit tough to expect the playing 11. However, most probably both the franchise are expected to play with the below-mentioned team-
Sylhet Sixers Probable Playing 11:
Andre Fletcher, Nurul Hasan, Upul Tharanga, Nassir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman(c), Dashun Shanaka/Krishmar Santokie, Liam Plunkett, Taijul Islam, Imtiaz Hossain/Kamrul Islam, Abu Hasan, Nabil Samad/Shuvagata Hom
Dhaka Dynamites Probable Playing 11:
Shakib Al Hasan, Mehedi Maruf, Kumar Sangakkara, Sunil Narine, Mosaddek Hossain, Kieron Polard, Shahid Afridi, Nadif Chowdhary/Jahurul Islam, Abu Haider, Saqlain Sajib, Mohammad Shahid
Below are the key players to look for in today’s match and choices for captain and vice-captain
Shakib Al Hasan
South Africa Vs Bangladesh 1st T20 Dream11 Cricket Team Prediction: