ENG vs IND Dream11 Match Predictions
India tour of England & Wales, 2018
England vs India, 2nd Vitality IT20
After a mauling at the hands of India in the first IT20, Eoin Morgan’s England will look to bounce back as they strive to keep the series alive, on Friday night.
The first T20 between England and India turned out to be a one-sided affair. England batted first and thanks to Roy (30) and Jos Buttler, who stroked his seventh 50 plus score in T20 cricket in his past eight innings, got off to a blinder, having racked up 50 under five overs. But, sadly, that was the only period of play where England was in the game. After losing Roy (30), Hales (8 off 18 balls) got stuck against the spin duo of Kuldeep and Chahal, choking the momentum out of the English innings. But, the pivotal moment came in the 13th over of Kuldeep Yadav.
Yadav first forced a false shot from Eoin Morgan (7) before bamboozling England’s top-two Test batsman at the moment in Joe Root (0) and Jonny Bairstow (0) by the wrong’un. The over by Kuldeep, who went on to register a 5-wicket-haul- the best-ever figure by a left-arm leg-spinner, would have left mental scars on the English batsmen and the way they react to it, will certainly define the series.
If Kuldeep’s spin wasn’t enough, it was time for India’s other K in KL Rahul, who enthralled with a pulsating stroke-play and brought up his second T20I hundred, as India chased down the target with eight wickets still intact.
Venue:- Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Match Timings:- Friday, July 06, 2018, 10:00 PM IST
Read on for ENG vs IND team news and ENG vs IND dream11 prediction.
The pitch at the Sophia Gardens is a good batting track with true bounce and minimal sideways movement. Last time a T20I was played at this very venue, England defended 183 against Australia.
Total Matches – 4
Matches won batting first – 2
Matches won bowling first – 2
Average 1st Inns scores – 144
Average 2nd Inns scores – 139
Highest total recorded – 5-182 (20 Ov) by England vs Australia, 2015
Lowest total recorded – 10-89 (18.4 Ov) by Pakistan vs England, 2010
Highest score chased – 5-129 (17.1 Ov) by England vs Pakistan
Lowest score defended – 7-182 (20 Ov) by England vs Australia
ENG vs IND Team News:
- After a comfortable eight-wicket win, India might go for an unchanged 11 in the second T20.
- Sam Curran has replaced his brother Tom Curran in the T20 squad after the former sustained a side-strain.
- England might rope in either of Sam Curran or Jake Ball in place of Liam Plunkett to lend some potency to their bowling attack.
Eoin Morgan (c), Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Moeen Ali, Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, David Willey, Sam Curran, Tom Curran
Virat Kohli (c), KL Rahul, Krunal Pandya, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, Siddarth Kaul, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav
ENG vs IND Playing 11:
The probable ENG vs IND playing 11 is listed below.
Wicket-keeper: Jos Butler
Batsmen: Jason Roy, Alex Hales, Jonny Bairstow, Eoin Morgan, Joe Root
All-rounder: David Willey, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: Adil Rashid, Chris Jordan, Liam Plunkett/Jake Ball/Sam Curran
Wicket-keeper: MS Dhoni
Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli
All-rounder: Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav
ENG vs IND Players to watch out for:
- KL Rahul stroked a riveting hundred in the last game. He, along with Dhawan, Rohit, and Kohli will be key if India is to post a substantial score.
- On the bowling side of things, Umesh Yadav’s bowling in the powerplay will be key while the duo of Chahal and Kuldeep (5-24) remains a pivot threat to the English batting.
- For England, Jos Buttler (seven fifties in last eight T20s) will be key along with Roy and Hales, who struggled to get going in the previous match.
- Adil Rashid was England’s most successful bowler (1-25 in 4 overs) in the first T20. He would once again be pivotal to their fortunes in the middle-overs.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Team