Manchester City vs Leicester City
English Premier League – 2017/18
The upcoming fixture of English Premier League is going to feature Manchester City and Leicester City, which promises to be a thrilling battle of two teams trying to get back to their winning form. The game is to be played at 11:00 PM on 10th February, IST. The preview of the match is listed below:
When: February 10, 11:00 PM IST
Where: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England
MCI vs LEI Team News:
Manchester City Team News:
- John Stones has returned to training after missing Manchester City’s last two matches through illness and injury, respectively.
- David Silva is a doubt for the home side, but Phil Foden is also back in training after nearly two months out injured.
- Few changes are expected to the side that drew 1-1 with Burnley last weekend, although Pep Guardiola can now play a back three following the arrival of Aymeric Laporte last month.
Leicester City Team News:
- Riyad Mahrez is reportedly return to training on Friday for the first time since failing to force through a move to Manchester City on deadline day, but it’s unclear whether he will be involved on Saturday. January signing Fousseni Diabaté could keep his place in the team as a result.
- Shinji Okazaki is expected to return to the starting XI at the Etihad, forcing Kelechi Iheanacho back to the bench against his former club.
- Wes Morgan and Robert Huth are not likely to feature on Saturday, but Ben Chilwell will push for a start at left-back after dropping to the bench last time out.
MCI vs LEI Probable XI:
Manchester City –
Ederson (GK), Zinchecnko, Otamendi, Kompany, Walker, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Silva
Leicester City –
Schmeichel (GK), Simpson, Dragovic, Maguire, Fuchs, Albrighton, Iborra, Ndidi, Diabate, Okazaki, Vardy
MCI – Aguero, Bruyne, Sterling, Gundogan
LEI – Vardy, Nididi
Manchester City’s lead at the top of the Premier League was cut to 13 points last weekend and Kevin De Bruyne has revealed the leaders are running on empty at the moment.
Leicester will aim to finish seventh this season and they are only one point behind current occupants, Burnley. The Foxes have lost three of their last four away league matches, however.
City have won 12 of 13 Premier League home matches this season, averaging 3.5 goals per game at the Etihad. Even though they are not at peak physical condition, they are expected to win here.
Note: This MCI vs LEI match preview is based on our research and understanding from various news sources. You can select your own playing 11 on the basis of team news.
EVE vs CRY Fantasy Team: