Manchester United Vs Burnley FC Fantasy XI
Manchester United Vs Burnley FC football match preview
Dream 11 Closing Time: 7:25 PM (IST), 26th December 2017
English Premier League – 2017 – 2018
EPL – 2017-2018
When and where:
Tournament – English Premier League 2017 – 2018
Venue- Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Date and Time- 8:25 PM IST on Tuesday, December 26, 2017
MUN Vs BUR Match Stats:
MUN Vs BUR in their last six matches:
MUN – W, W, L, W, W, D
BHA – W, L, W, W, D, L
Manchester United haven’t lost a home league game against Burnley since September 1962 (2-5), winning eight and drawing five since. However, Burnley left Old Trafford with a goalless draw last season, despite facing a total of 38 shots, the highest in a single match in 2016-17. Manchester United have won 19 of their 23 Premier League Boxing Day games, giving them the best win ratio on this day in the competition (83%).
Manchester United are now 13 points behind league leaders Manchester City after only managing a 2-2 draw with Leicester on Saturday – a game they should have won by three or four. Burnley had only conceded three goals at home all season before facing Tottenham on Saturday. That tally doubled after Harry Kane hat-trick and now they travel to Old Trafford where they haven’t won since 1962. United’s usually tight defence has been leaking goals of late, illustrated by just two clean sheets in their last 12 matches in all competitions. That will give Burnley confidence, but Jose Mourinho will demand a response from his players after watching them throw two points away at the weekend.
MUN Vs BUR Probable Playing 11:
MUN (Probable 11) –
De Gea (GK), Shaw, Rojo, Jones, Lindelof, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Lukaku
BUR (Probable 11) –
Pope (GK), Lowton, Mee, Long, Taylor, Wells, Defour, Cork, Gudmundsson, Hendrick, Barnes
- Chris Smalling has added to Jose Mourinho’s problems after suffering a groin injury in Manchester United’s 2-2 draw with Leicester on Saturday night.
- Matteo Darmian missed the draw through injury and remains a doubt for Boxing Day, while Antonio Valencia and Eric Bailly are also sidelined from United’s defenders.
- Luke Shaw could start at left-back if Mourinho feels Ashley Young needs a rest, while Marcos Rojo should slot in for Smalling against Burnley at Old Trafford.
- No changes are expected in attack, although Marcus Rashford may rotate in for Anthony Martial after starting Saturday’s draw on the bench.
- James Tarkowski serves the second of his three-match ban on Boxing day, meaning Kevin Long should continue at centre-back in his absence.
- Chris Wood was forced with injury in the 3-0 defeat at home to Tottenham on Saturday and is not expected to be available for the trip to Old Trafford.
- Matthew Lowton was an unused substitute against Spurs and should regain his place in the starting XI at the expense of Phil Bardsley.
- Jonathan Walters was also on the bench at the weekend but hasn’t featured since August and needs to build up his match fitness from the bench.
- Nahki Wells could make his full Premier League debut if Sean Dyche decides he needs to freshen things up.
De Gea (MUN)
We are providing you the MUN Vs BUR football match preview based on our research and understanding. Please choose your own probable playing 11 as these matches are quite risky to predict who will play and who will not get the chance to play.