Watford Vs Leicester City Fantasy XI
Watford Vs Leicester City football match preview
Dream 11 Closing Time: 7:25 PM (IST), 26th December 2017
English Premier League – 2017 – 2018
EPL – 2017-2018
When and where:
Tournament – English Premier League 2017 – 2018
Venue- Vicarage Road, Watford, England
Date and Time- 8:25 PM IST on Tuesday, December 26, 2017
WAT Vs LEI Match Stats:
WAT Vs LEI in their last six matches:
WAT – L, D, L, L, L, L
LEI – W, W, W, W, L, D
Including play-off games, Watford haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 16 meetings with Leicester, last shutting them out in a 1-0 win at Vicarage Road in February 2008.
Leicester City have won four of their six Premier League games against Watford (D1 L1), but just one of those wins has come away from home (1-0 in March 2016). Among current Premier League clubs, Watford have played the most games on Boxing Day without recording a win (W0 D2 L2).
Watford are clinging on to a place in the top half of the table by the skin of their teeth. Marco Silva’s side has not won any of their last six matches and has lost five of those.
Leicester seem to be in a great place since Claude Puel took charge and you wouldn’t be able to tell they have failed to win any of their last three. They will be buzzing from their 2-2 draw with Manchester United on Saturday and now face a meek Watford outfit on Boxing Day. The Foxes are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League away matches, which is the second biggest streak in the division this season. Puel’s side would be disappointed if that came to an end here.
WAT Vs LEI Probable Playing 11:
WAT (Probable 11) –
Gomes (GK), Mariappa, Kabasele, Prodl, Zeegelaar, Cleverley, Doucoure, Janmaat, Richarlison, Carrillo, Gray
LEI (Probable 11) –
Schmeichel (GK), Dragovic, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell, Gray, Iborra, Ndidi, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy
- Abdoulaye Doucouré and Marvin Zeegelaar will both return to the starting XI after serving their respective suspensions at the weekend.
- Will Hughes has an outside chance of making the bench on Boxing Day, but Marco Silva will still be without a number of injured players on Tuesday.
- Watford may also revert back to a three-man defence against Leicester, which would pave the way for Adrian Mariappa to return to the starting XI.
- Richarlison needs a rest but Silva is no longer in the position to do so as Watford’s results go from bad to worse. Troy Deeney is still banned.
- Danny Simpson will almost certainly not feature after picking up a hamstring injury against former side Manchester United on Saturday, while his replacement, Daniel Amartey, was sent off within 17 minutes.
- With few options available, Aleksandar Dragovic may have to adapt at right-back, while Yohan Benalouane will start at the heart of the Leicester defence if Wes Morgan can’t play two games in the space of three days.
- Ben Chilwell and Shinji Okazaki will return to the starting XI on Boxing Day after starting against United on the bench.
We are providing you the WAT Vs LEI football match preview based on our research and understanding. Please choose your own probable playing 11 as these matches are quite risky to predict who will play and who will not get the chance to play.