FC Basel vs Manchester City
UEFA Champions League – 2017/18
The upcoming fixture of the final stage of UEFA Champions League is going to feature FC Basel and Manchester City, which promises to be a thrilling match by all means because both the teams would throw everything at each other in this game. For the home team they have qualified to this round after 6 years and the away team has been in their dream form in this season so both the teams would be determined to win this game. The away team would visit St. Jakob-Park as the favourites. The game is to be played at 1:15 AM on 14th February. The preview of the match is listed below:
When: February 14, 1:15AM IST
Where: St. Jakob-Park, Italy
BAS vs MCI Team News:
FC Basel Team News:
- FC Basel is expected to play four defenders in this game
- Valentin Stocker is expected to start this game in place Renato Steffen
- Luca Zuffi is injured and is doubtful in this game
- GermanoVailati is ruled out for this game
Manchester City Team News:
- Leroy Sane and Fabian Delph are doubtful for this game from the away side
- David Silva is expected to feature in this game
- John Stones, Vincent Kompany and Phil Foden are expected to play in this game
- Danilo is expected to start at the right back ahead of OleksandrZinchenko in this game
- Benjamin Mendy and Fabian Delph are ruled out for this game
BAS vs MCI Probable XI:
Vaclik (GK), Petretta, Balanta, Suchy, Lang, Xhaka, Die, Bua, Elyounoussi, Stocker, Oberlin
Ederson (GK), Walker, Stones, Kompany, Danilo, Silva, Fernandinho, Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sterling
BAS – Xhaka, Bua
MCI – Sterling, Aguero, Bruyne, Silva
This is Basel’s third appearance in the Champions League round of 16. In the 2011/12 campaign they beat Bayern Munich 1-0 in the home leg before being trounced 7-0 in Germany.
Basel have already beaten one Manchester side this season, overcoming Manchester United 1-0 at home in December during the group stage.
However, Manchester City are firm favourites and Pep Guardiola will want to put the game to bed in Switzerland on Tuesday. Away from home, they have only won two of their last five in all competitions but it would be a real shock if they didn’t beat Basel here.
Note: This BAS vs MCI match preview is based on our research and understanding from various news sources. You can select your own playing 11 on the basis of team news.
BAS vs MCI Fantasy Team: