India tour of England & Wales, 2018
England vs India, 1st ODI | ENG vs IND WHO WILL WIN
The Big Picture
After clinching the Vitality IT20 series 2-1, the focus now shifts to the 3-match ODI series what is expected to be a riveting clash between the current best two sides in the world. It was a pulsating series for India with their bowling depth coming to the fore along on flat decks to go along with their batting might.
Two things stood out for India in the IT20 series. Firstly, their bowler’s ability to stage a comeback after being pushed to the corner; whether it is Kuldeep Yadav’s five-wicket-haul at Manchester or Hardik Pandya’s 4-fer after being taken for 22 runs in his first over at Bristol. And secondly, India’s batting might. With Kohli deciding to bat at 4, India’s top-four to accommodate Rahul, the batting-order looks even more imperious and it will be interesting to see if it remains the same in the 50-over format.
Where- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
When: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 05:00 PM IST
But, the visitors know England would be stronger in the longer white-ball format. The most successful ODI team since the 2015 World Cup, England is coming off a 5-0 whitewash over Australia, and the outcome of this series will truly affirm their status of being called as the best 50-over side in the world currently. So, who will win ENG vs IND? Let us delve into the betting odds, as part of our series of ENG vs IND Today match Prediction.
ENG vs IND Match Facts
- With 46 wins since the 2015 World Cup, England is the most successful ODI side in the world boasting of a W/L ratio of 2.42.
- Coincidently, England’s last ODI series (1-2 in 2017) came against India.
- Since Champions Trophy 2017, India has won 21 of their 26 completed ODI fixtures with their most recent series win coming in South Africa (5-1).
- Since the 2015 World Cup, India’s W/L ratio is 2.05 second only to England.
- India has not lost an ODI bilateral series since their 1-4 loss against Australia in early 2016.
- India can dethrone England from the numero uno spot of ICC ODI rankings if they can beat the hosts 3-0.
ENG vs IND Head-to-Head (Last 5 matches)
ENG vs IND Squads
Eoin Morgan (C), Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jos Buttler (WK), Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Jason Roy, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, and Sam Curran, Jonny Bairstow,
Virat Kohli (C), MS Dhoni (WK), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shikhar Dhawan, Siddarth Kaul, Rohit Sharma, Deepak Chahar, Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul, Krunal Pandya, Manish Pandey, Suresh Raina, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar
ENG vs IND Today Match Prediction
As part of our ENG vs IND today match prediction, the odds in favour of England winning the match is 1/1, meaning a return of Rs 200 over 100, while that of India winning it are 4/5, implying a return of Rs 180 over a stake of 100.