ENG vs PAK, England vs Pakistan Match Preview
England vs Pakistan
WHEN: 24 May, 3:30 PM IST/10:00 AM GMT/11:00 AM Local
WHERE: Lord’s London.
The seaming conditions in England have always been bowler friendly especially when it is the start of the summer. A green pitch is expected and it would definitely help the fast bowlers to get some bounce and trouble the batsmen.
With some cool breeze going around the weather is expected to be overcast and some drizzle is expected to happen.
Their last test match was against New Zealand at Hagley Oval in Christchurch where they were able to draw the match after an innings and 49 runs defeat in the first test of the series which was played in Eden Park, Auckland on March 22, 2018. England would love to forget that defeat and look to start their summer on a winning note.
Pakistan last featured in a lone test match against Ireland at The Village, Malahide in Dublin which was also the first test match for Irish Cricket after being given the status of a test playing nation alongside Afghanistan. The match saw some brilliant individual performances from the likes of the debutants Mohammad Abbas and Imam-ul-Haq which helped their side to register a comprehensive win over the host. Pakistan will look to carry that momentum forward and perform well in the first test.
- No injury concerns as of now.
- Uncapped spinner Dominic Bess might get a nod ahead of Chris Woakes as he will play as the only spinner in the eleven.
Mark Stoneman, Alastair Cook, Joe Root(c), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Stuart Broad, Dominic Bess, Mark wood, James Anderson.
- There is no fitness trouble in the side.
- After a good show against Ireland, Mohammad Abbas would be up for one more terrific show.
Azhar Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Haris Sohail, Asad shafiq, babar Azam, Sarfaraz Ahmed(c/wk), Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Amir, Rahat Ali.
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- A lot is expected from Alastair Cook after his dismal show in the Ashes 2017-2018 where his place in the side was questioned, he must be looking to make a mark in friendly conditions.
- After a dominating performance for Rajasthan Royals in the ongoing IPL 2018 which earned him a comeback after 2 years in the red ball cricket Jos Buttler will be the key to England’s success.
- Babar Azam has been the backbone of Pakistan’s run scoring in all the formats of the game especially in test cricket, a lot will be depended on him.
- The pace bowling department of Pakistan has always been terrific in the English conditions and with the likes of Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Abbas, Rahat Ali and Faheem Ashraf they surely will bank upon their pace battery.
The English summer is going to start from tomorrow and England are the favorites to win this encounter comprehensively.