The Journey So Far
Initially, PokerStars launched its beta play-money-only site in September 2001. But, it began to offer real money wagering from December 12, 2001.
- Dethroned PartyPoker in 2006 to become largest online poker room
PokerStars overtook PartyPoker to become the world’s largest online poker room after the enactment of Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 when PartyPoker suspended their business with US gamblers but PokerStars did not.
- PokerStars set the world record in 2009
On December 27, 2009, PokerStars set the world record for the biggest online tournament with 149,196 entrants. However, they broke their own record in 2013 with 225,000 participants.
- The Stars Group acquire PokerStars in 2014
Originally, PokerStars was a Costa Rican company, Rational Enetrprises, owned by Scheinberg family. It was acquired by the Stars Group, then known as Amaya Inc. in 2014.
- In 2017, PokerStars announced PokerStars Players No Limit Hold’em Championship
PokerStars unveiled a new player tournament called PokerStars Players No Limit Hold’em Championship slated to kickstart in 2019.
- In 2018, PokerStars reach India
PokerStars signed an agreement in 2018 with gaming company Sugal & Damani to launch their brand in India. It launched on 17 April 2018 and gave away INR 10,00,000 as a welcome gift to all its users.
All you need to know about PokerStars India
The pokerstars.in present a delightful treat to the poker enthusiasts with its special offers, touraments and exciting rewards up for grabs.
Spin & Go’s are the fastest way of winning up to 10,000 times of buy-in. Each Spin & Go has a randomly assigned prize pool which gives the user a chance to win up to INR 1.5 Crores in minutes.
Bounty Builders present a series of exciting Progressive Knockout tournaments running daily which guarantees a prize pool. It offers increased guarantees in the evenings.
In Hot turbos the buy-ins can range from micro-stakes tournaments to much higher stakes, which implies that there is something on offer for players from every level.
The Daily Bigs tournaments start with buy-ins as low as just a few rupees, where everyone can take part and compete for a share of the guaranteed cash.
PokerStars Help Desk:
- One can mail his queries regarding the tournaments to email@example.com. Moreover, one can easily get answers to their question with their 24/7 customer service at www.pokerstars.in/help/.
- PokerStars in India offers a bonus for its new users. On deposit of $20, the website rewards 200 percent bonus which is credited to users’ account within 36 hours.
- Along with the free cash, the new players also receive 124 tickets to the $100K Privilege Freeroll tournaments. To avail this offer, one can use code ‘FREE20’ while making your first deposit at PokerStars.
- The user can earn rewards every time he plays real money games. After collecting enough points for completing the progress bar, one can win a chest board loaded with rewards that can be used.