Isai Scheinberg and Mark Scheinberg launched an online poker room, PokerStars, 16 years ago on September 11 in Costa Rica which went on to become a worldwide phenomena.
In 2003, Chris Moneymaker became the first person to win the poker world championship after qualifying through an online poker site and eventually it transformed the way people perceive poker. The event is touted the ‘Moneymaker Effect’ which saw the popularity of the game surge manifolds.
Currently, PokerStars holds the respect of being the largest online poker site in the world that controls over two-thirds of the total online poker market.
The Journey So Far
- It all started in 2001
Initially, PokerStars launched its beta play-money-only site in September 2001. But, it began to offer real money wagering from December 12, 2001.
- Dethroned PartyPoker in 2006 to become largest online poker room
PokerStars overtook PartyPoker to become the world’s largest online poker room after the enactment of Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 when PartyPoker suspended their business with US gamblers but PokerStars did not.
- PokerStars set the world record in 2009
On December 27, 2009, PokerStars set the world record for the biggest online tournament with 149,196 entrants. However, they broke their own record in 2013 with 225,000 participants.
- The Stars Group acquire PokerStars in 2014
Originally, PokerStars was a Costa Rican company, Rational Enetrprises, owned by Scheinberg family. It was acquired by the Stars Group, then known as Amaya Inc. in 2014.
- In 2017, PokerStars announced PokerStars Players No Limit Hold’em Championship
PokerStars unveiled a new player tournament called PokerStars Players No Limit Hold’em Championship slated to kickstart in 2019.
- In 2018, PokerStars reach India
PokerStars signed an agreement in 2018 with gaming company Sugal & Damani to launch their brand in India. It launched on 17 April 2018 and gave away INR 10,00,000 as a welcome gift to all its users.
All you need to know about PokerStars India
The pokerstars.in present a delightful treat to the poker enthusiasts with its special offers, touraments and exciting rewards up for grabs.
- Spin and Go
Spin & Go’s are the fastest way of winning up to 10,000 times of buy-in. Each Spin & Go has a randomly assigned prize pool which gives the user a chance to win up to INR 1.5 Crores in minutes.
- Bounty Builders
Bounty Builders present a series of exciting Progressive Knockout tournaments running daily which guarantees a prize pool. It offers increased guarantees in the evenings.
- The Hot Turbos
In Hot turbos the buy-ins can range from micro-stakes tournaments to much higher stakes, which implies that there is something on offer for players from every level.
- The Daily Bigs
The Daily Bigs tournaments start with buy-ins as low as just a few rupees, where everyone can take part and compete for a share of the guaranteed cash.
PokerStars Help Desk:
- One can mail his queries regarding the tournaments to email@example.com. Moreover, one can easily get answers to their question with their 24/7 customer service at www.pokerstars.in/help/.
- PokerStars in India offers a bonus for its new users. On deposit of $20, the website rewards 200 percent bonus which is credited to users’ account within 36 hours.
- Along with the free cash, the new players also receive 124 tickets to the $100K Privilege Freeroll tournaments. To avail this offer, one can use code ‘FREE20’ while making your first deposit at PokerStars.
- The user can earn rewards every time he plays real money games. After collecting enough points for completing the progress bar, one can win a chest board loaded with rewards that can be used.
PokerStars India CEO Ankur Dewani speaks about the company’s launch, vision and the road ahead for poker-
PokerStars India sees a straight flush, to bet Rs 30 crore take the table-
PokerStars.In collaborates with Sachiko Gaming for India launch-
PokerStars signs Muskan Sethi as latest ambassador-